Wednesday 12 March 2014

Teensy Motor

If I'm going to build my robot army I need them to move, so lets start with DC motors!

I have a couple laying around (most people I know do for some reason).

Using the easiest interface I know I'll stick with the Teensy.

First lets just get the motor going:



Here's a basic circuit that powers the motor with 5 volts but triggers the motor with a transistor.







It's a very easy circuit, I stole it ada fruits tutorial to do the same thing with a full arduino.

Their example code allows you to specify the motor speed between 0 and 255 but I only have 2 hands so I'm going to turn it on and off.
 int motorPin = 20;  
 void setup()   
 {   
  pinMode(motorPin, OUTPUT);  
 }   
 void loop()   
 {   
    analogWrite(motorPin, 255); //Motor turn on  
    delay(1000);  
    analogWrite(motorPin, 0); //Motor turn off  
    delay(1000);  
 }   


No comments:

Post a Comment